Since Magento 2 release, thousands of retailers have considered migration to Magento 2 platform. This platform is well performed, easy to go with and has numerous improvements.
There is a difference in the file structure of Magento 2.x and Magento 1.x, therefore, the migration process from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x is slightly different than earlier. Though there are various tools developed by Magento Community for the migration process, the Magento theme cannot be upgraded to the Magento 2.0 with these tools. Therefore, this article is a step-by-step guide to Migrate data from magento 1.x to magento 2.x using the migration tool.
Here are some tools I came to know for Magento 2.x migration:
Here we are going to guide you to migrate to Magento 2 using UberTheme Migration tool:
- Download the tool from
- Extract in the root of your server by making any folder.
- It is supposed that installed Magento 2 is already installed.
- Create these folders, folders shall have write permissions.
- Make sure these files also have write permissions
- Run this tool In browser by accessing localhost/folder name
- You shall receive the following screen. Enter the details of both the databases. Make sure those are accessible if you are using a firewall or something.
- Once configured, click on next step, it will check the connection between two databases and shall show this screen. Select websites and stores you want to migrate.
- Clicking on Next step, you will be able to see the screen to migrate attributes.
- Migrate Categories now. It will show all the list of categories, you can select a few of them or select all to migrate all
- Migrate Products
- Migrate Customers
- Migrate Sales Data
- Migrate Reviews and Ratings
- Migrate other data
- You will need to reindex to see the migrated data in Magento 2
- Linux : php -f WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\bin\magento indexer:reindex
- Windows: php -f WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\bin\magento indexer:reindex
- You will need to re save attribute sets in Magento2 after data migration, go to Stores > Attributes > Attribute Set. Open the Attribute Set, edit information of it if needed and click the save button.
- Copy media files
- Copy the folder at \your_magento1_folder\media\catalog and paste replace to WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\pub\media\
- Copy the folder at \your_magento1_folder\media\downloadable and paste replace to WEB_ROOT_PATH\your_magento2_folder\pub\media\
- Make recursively writeable to “catalog” and “downloadable” folders, which you have just copied.
- Remove all folders and files in root\magento2_folder\var but take the .htaccess file.
- Remove all folders and files in root\magento2_folder\pub\static but take the .htaccess file.
- You have successfully migrated all the data from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0.